Back & Neck Community
Weird Neck Pain Sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Weird Neck Pain Sensation

I have really weird, strange neck sensations in the back of my neck.  I had them about a year ago, then stopped. Now I have had three in one day and I am curious as to what it is.  The sensation hits the back of my neck and I become weak in my upper body...even my arms are in a listless position...but I feel like I am passing out.  I never have and I usually just sit until it goes away, but after the pain ends, the back of my neck is very stiff and sore and I cannot turn my head without the pain being there.  Could this just be like a "cramp" in my neck?  It just feels so strange.
Tags: Neck pain
Hi, I have the similar problem where i cannot move my head to the right hand side of me or look down without the pain being there. I think it could be just a really bad cramp in the neck.

I have my pain because the way I slept but am not sure how to cure it. Do you know what I should do?

If the pain keeps coming back I suggest you see your GP about it.