Back & Neck Community
What is going on?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

What is going on?

I have been having extreme pain in my hands, wrists, arms, elbows shoulders, neck and upper back since February of last year. It started in my wrists and then moved to my fingers, and gradually into my neck and shoulders. Several months before I had moved some heavy logs up a hill by toting them on my shoulder(s). There was a little pain but i didn't think much of it. Then the next February while we were shoveling snow from sidewalks the pain started in my hands. I have been in pain off and on since then, having serious pain for at least three weeks to three months at a time and then a short time with little to none. The pain has brought me to tears and a friend suggested a pinched nerve. I also have poor circulation and I wonder if it is not a combination of those two things? and if so what do I do? Very little seems to help, although heat being applied sometimes helps but massage therapy helps the best. It feels like my hand/arnm ect is in a vice...something contracting around the muscles, and other times like the muscles are swelling. And sometimes it feels like the muscles are clamping down on the bones/joints. I am finding it difficult to want to move. Carrying heavy items or doing repetitive motions cause extreme pain. I expirence more pain under stress or changing weather, and the pain effects my sleep, rest, abiltiy to think and focus clearly. Please help? I am an eighteen year old female