a pulled neck muscle, is it dangerous?
yesterday i wanted to strech my back, i think i did it suddenly, because i started to feel a sharp pain in the back of my neck right away.It hurts bad. I can move, but I cannot easyly move my head to right or left. It is a torture to try to lay down and then to stand up.And since i did that my left arm hurts, i feel a sharp pain going up and down my arm.. What should i do?
It's been awhile since you strained your neck and I hope it's getting better. If not, try some of these: when you lie down, make sure your head is fully supported by your pillow, especially when you sleep on your side. Then, when you get up, roll onto your stomach before you lift your head. This allows the spine to help lift your head. You can also use your hands to help lift your head.

Turn your head VERY SLOWLY to the right and left while up and while on your back a few times, three or four times a day to help loosen the muscles. No fast moves. When you drive, turn your whole upper body.

A new therapy is Botox injections at the site. It is experimental and probably not covered by your insurance, but it works by relaxing the muscle. Zylocaine will also work and is probably covered by insurance. It works by stopping the pain. Finding a Dr. who will do either is the hard part. Most of them want you to take pills, which will essentially knock you out and relax your whole body. This has never worked for me (I get knocked out, but loose the time and wake up still in pain).

Hopes this helps.
For three days I have had a pulsating paint, not constantly but enoug, on the top of my spine in the neck area.  If I lay perfectly still for a while, it stops.  Otherwise it pusates every seven or eight seconds.  Not too painful but annoying and aching.  It also makes my right arm and should area ache.  Is this a pulled muscle.  Should I take care of it or call a doctor.  Thanks.

Lynn