Back & Neck Community
back and legs pain for 2 years

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

back and legs pain for 2 years

My problem started around 2 years ago when suddenly one morning when i woke up i had pain on the back side of my legs(below the hips and above the joints of the legs)the pain used to shift from one leg to another...then i visited some doctors who cold'nt properly guess what the disease was and with time the pain has shifted from my legs to my back and my back gets stiffened in the night and the stiffness decreases with movement and the pain sometimes shifts to the upper parts of the back for 1 -2 days and then gets over.
Doctors have been unable to tell me the disease and the possible cure..
Could you please help me out????
Tags: Back pain
Back pain can be caused by many different abnormal conditions that range from muscle spasms to degenerative changes of the spinal column.  It would be difficult to assess your status from the information given.  
If you have had any radiology tests (x-rays or MRI),it would be beneficial to post the findings and we could help explain the results.
What type of doctor have you been treating with?  Orthopedic specialist?
Post an update and we will try and assist you further.
Best wishes ----
yes i have visited an orthopedic specialist and i have got an mri done but it was done at a time when there was pain in my legs only.so it contains the scans of the pelvis region only and the final diagnosis of the repot says....Seronegative arthritis.
A diagnosis of seronegative arthritis indicates that you do have evidence of arthritic changes in your spine and can be the underlying cause of your pain.  The seronegative refers to the fact that a diagnosis of  rheumatoid arthritis has been ruled out.  
Seronegative arthritis has symptoms which seem to travel from joint to joint and have periodic flare-ups that can be very distressing.
Your orthopedist is hopefully making recommendations for treatment and with appropriate medications can help you reduce the acute discomfort and lessen the frequency of
flare-ups.