Back & Neck Community
back and neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

back and neck pain

i am 22 and was in a car accident in Jan 2008 but was not taken to the ER. i slid on ice at 15mph and hit a tree and got out of the car and didnt feel any pain till aprox Aug 2008. since then i have seen a few drs but never a back specialist. i have had XRays and MRIs and Blood Work done on my back and all the drs can see is muscle damage.
i am more tired then not, have shooting pain from my shoulders down threw my back and into the siatic (sciatic) nerve threw my right leg. most of the pain is on the right side of my spine. some times it pressure other times its pins and needles. theres times i can barely walk other times it could be as bad as it hurts to breathe.  
i need suggestions on what to do. on a scale of 1-10 (10 being worst) my average day is a 9.  i tried Physical Therapy and that just hurt more. getting a massage feels good during but once i move to get up its pure pain.
Hi there!

I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by an orthopedician to diagnose the exact issues related or unrelated to the accident and their severity. After the cause(s) and its severity have been identified, a management plan can be drafted accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I'm sorry for your pain!! *hugs* have u thought about seeing a chiropractor? I find them to be safer than western doctors and less invasive. I wish u well!!:-)