Back & Neck Community
back mri results. degenerative signal loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

back mri results. degenerative signal loss

hello i am 32 years old and i have been having pain in my midback and lower back. numbness in my groin,buttocks and toes. also some incontinence. can you help me understand my mri results:
thoracolumbar vertebral body heights are maintained with no malalignment. the thoracic intervertebral disc shows reasonably mantained height and signal no focal asymetric protrusion,
the lumbar canal is widely patent throughout. the L5-S1 disc shows degenerative signal loss and mild narrowing with broad-based posterior annular bulging that impinges the ventral epidural fat but does not distort the thecal sac.
the remaining lumbar intervertebral disc show preserved height and signal with no focal asymetric protrusion. there may be some early degenerative overgrowth of the lower lumbar facet joints.
no focal abnormal inflammatory signal alteration is seen.
opinion:
no focal neurologic impingement. no canal or foraminal stenosis of the thoracic and lumbar spine. degenerative change at L5-S1 as detailed.

thank you for your help.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The only thing that stands out would be the bulge you have at L5-S1, and your symptoms are similar to that of a person who has a nerve compressed at this level. But your report doesn't note any foraminal narrowing or nerve impingement at this level. Somethings being pinch in there.

Where you in an accident, your symptoms are so severe, how bad is your pain? What are your Doctors telling you, what type of treatment are you receiving?
Blank
thank you for your response. i have a neck injury from work and when they where giving me rehabilitation for my neck i got my back hurt from lifting heavy things. the doctor   told me the mri  was normal and i needed an appointment with a neurologist to have a emg but it takes around 3 months to see him. i am in canada. so probably i am going back to mexico to get it check out. thank you.
Blank
You hurt your back when you were rehabbing from your neck injury? What kind of neck injury did you have?
Blank
What u describe sounds very similar to cauda equina but ur mri doesn't correlate with this condition. I'm no dr, just my unprofessional opinion.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank