Back & Neck Community
back pain/burning when sitting or laying down
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

back pain/burning when sitting or laying down

Hello-

I am new to this site and have had some discomfort on and off since the beginning of Decemeber 2007.  I have switched doctors as of January because the last doctor kept saying it was stress and was just giving me prescriptions and not running tests.  My new doctor has sent me twice for blood tests and everything is fine.  He also sent me for nerve testing and everything is fine.  Now I am waiting to go to the neurologist for the burning in my back...possible nerve damage I guess.  I went back on lexapro about 2 weeks ago and now the doctor has put me on gamapentin.  I am a little confused and also concerned.  I mean how do you know its not a cancer or something.  How do I know its not just a pinched nerve or something.  I also don't understand why the process takes so long.  I have had 2 people in my family in the last year complain of back pain and then the next thing you know its cancer.  I am only 37 and I am very concerned.....can anyone shed any light on this and what you think could be going on with me.   Again, it started in Novemeber I had a pinching feeling in the center of my pain ( I attributed to stress)  the pain then went to lower back discomfort when sitting, Then it went to burning when sitting or laying down.....sometimes it goes away completely for a day or 3 then it gradually gets intense and goes away again.......nobody has given anything a name ........lastly when I am standing there seems to little to no bad feeling in my back at all.  This is getting old so any help would be great.