Back & Neck Community
back pain left side near shoulder blade

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

back pain left side near shoulder blade

i a male 44 yr and i been having this pain on my left side of back under shoulder blade for some time and persisting, i had my heart and my Dr says it is OK, but pain still there, pain come when i move a certain way or they way i sit,  and sort of radiate to my left shoulder, my Dr has now booked me for liver scan for signs of fatty liver the pain has been on for a while and i am worried, has  anymore experienced the same symptoms before
Hi!
Pain under the left shoulder blade is usually a referred pain from abdomen like stomach ulcers, acidity, pancreatitis, or from the chest like in heart attack, pericarditis, pleuritis, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, and aortic dissection. So, just like heart causes have been ruled out, other causes will need to be ruled out. Fatty liver and other related liver and gall bladder problems usually cause referred pain to right shoulder and right shoulder blade. Please discuss this with your treating doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Positional pain sounds like a back or neck issue to me. Have you had a ct scan or MRI of your back or cervical neck area? I have the same pain in the same area. I have disc herniations in my neck that cause the shoulder blade pain as well as the radiation to the left arm. I would be shocked if the Dr's never considered this as the cause of your pain. Just a suggestion and would be worth asking your doc about it. Hope you figure it all out. Good luck!