Back & Neck Community
cervical spinal cord compression
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cervical spinal cord compression

hi i had a mri done in november 2007 and was diagnosed with significant cervical spinal cord compression level c4/5 and since have had a anterior cervical dissectomy in april 2008   {  mri scan notes before my operation are  in the neck there is spondylitis at c4-5 and c5-6 on the axil images at c4-5 there is some cord flattening and there is also quite severe bilateral foraminal narrowing at c5-6 the cord is not compressed  but there is significant looking bilateral foraminal narrowing  the foramina at c6-7 are normal }    {the mri scan i had done in july 2008 after operation the notes say  there is a degree of canal stenosis seen at c4-5 with pretty severe foraminal stenosis  at this level  there is also  some canal stenosis at c5-6 with pretty severe bilateral foraminal narrowing  worse on left  there is no active cord compression  altough i am still getting same symptoms   has before operation {shoulder pain headaces pain down  arm and legs neck pain  and numbness } can someone please  explain to me  what mri notes mean  thanks ian