Back & Neck Community
chronic mid back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

chronic mid back pain

I have chronic mid back pain (right side next to the spine) that radiates through my stomach right below my rib cage.  The pain gets worst when I sit for long periods of time or bend over.  My arms are also getting weak.  It is also hard to pin point the exact spot because it seems more internal.   There are times when I can push and there will be  tenderness and pain.  I have had several MRI's, X-rays, physical therapy, orthropedic care, chiropratic care,  pain management etc.. and numerous of medication, nothing is showing up.  For a while I was able to lay down and that would help but now nothing is helping and I'm losing my mind because the pain is getting worst.
Did you have cervical and lumbar x-ray/MRI/exams?  
What was the diagnosis on the films?
The weakness in the arms typicially would be coming from compression on the ulna nerve in the neck and shoulder area (solved with strengthening/rehab). The midback pain may be a kidney issue (stones etc) especially since it is so internal. I would definately see a urologist asap. Hope you figure this out. T.