Back & Neck Community
displaced fractured coccyx - numbness/tingling problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi, I fell down a flight of stairs 2 weeks ago and the x-ray shows that I have a displaced fractured coccyx.
Aside from the pain, I am experiencing numbness/tingling/prickly sensation in both feet and right hand.
My doctor is ignoring the numbness symptom. The numbness is getting worse now. What could it be ? Is there anything I can do to help this condition ? is it serious ? Thank you.
another user suggested coccyx.org...
Having suffered similar symptoms I can say there is a possibility that the fall exacerbated an existing bulging disc in your neck and there is a bit of compression on either the spinal cord or the nerves adjacent to the nerve root at the level of the bulge. You need an MRI , rest, some pain meds like amitrypyline for the electric shocks (pins and needles); believe me an xray will not show it alone.  As well you need to be referred to a neurologis or ortho dr once the mri discloses any imposition on the nerves/spinal cord.  Good luck ...spending time getting it diagnosed is not fun.,. It took me two years and then finally surgery of my neck and low back in 03 and 04 from a chair collapsing injury.  Hang in there buddy