Back & Neck Community
dull left side back pain...someone tell me something I don't know p...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

dull left side back pain...someone tell me something I don't know please

Here's the deal: Every three or four days I get a dull, deep down pain in the lower left side of my back. Lower than my rib cage, above my pelvis underneath the muscle that runs right alongside my spine. Please don't suggest a muscle issue. It isn't...or at least it isn't the one you can feel.

two other interesting factors: it only develops later in the day...like after 5 pm. Sometimes it gets very uncomfortable. Pressure, heat, cold doesn't touch it. The only thing that works is going to sleep which is really difficult when it hurts. but when I wake up after 3 or 4 am it's gone.

Call me crazy but it's the same thing every time every 3 or 4 days. Laying a certain way doesn't fix it and OTC pain med does nothing. I can tell around 4 or 5 when it's coming on and know I'm in for a rough first half of the night.

I'm 36 and 150 lbs. and in really good health. sure wish someone could give me an idea of where to start talking with the doc. He seems to think it might be psychological...which isn't very reassuring.
Avatar n tn
I should also mention that I suspect that there's a correlation to my diet. I can't swear to it but I think it occurs more often when I eat junk...sugar.

I have arthritis in my back and when I eat a lot of sugar it also makes it worse. Maybe you have some inflammation in your back due to an injury or something. Try some otc ant inflamatory drugs and see if it helps.