Back & Neck Community
feels like I'm going a little crazy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

feels like I'm going a little crazy

A few years ago, I was in a chair, stretching my arms back and extending my neck back when I felt a pop, and immediately felt like something was pressing onto my neck. It doesn't hurt, but it's a constant sensation.

I told my doctor, and she had me tested for a thyroid disorder. I came out clean, but when I explained that I was pretty sure it was something muscular or skeletal due to the popping, and also because if I rub certain parts of my shoulder and neck I feel relief, she dismissed me. Now I'm afraid to address it again and seem like I'm crazy, but the feeling is always there and has been for three years and I'm going a little nuts. Should I try another doctor? Is this something that actually happens to people, this sensation??
Tags: Neck, Doctor
I to have the same problem, pain in upper back after sleeping about 6hours. I have read all the posts..thanks to everyone for your help.

I have a list of different things I am going to try and I will keep you updated.

There is one thing that I have tried that a couple of people posted and.......
IT WORKED...but I am so confused by it. I sleep on my couch, that's it, that's all I did and I woke up with no back pain or stiffness at all! I don't get it why would that work....any thoughts?
Sorry...I'm new, my comment to your post was meant as a question for everyone, not a direct comment to your post.