Back & Neck Community
hip and lower back aching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

hip and lower back aching

I am a  active 24 year old and have been expierencing aching hips sometimes both at once,sometimes just one and the pain hurts in my lower back and hip,and allso radiated down the back of my thigh and sometimes into my knee when it happens. The hip pain is worse in teh eveing,if i am sitting too long,or too active that dayallso i notice i have the pain when it rains or is cold outside.The pain allso wakes me up at night and interferes with my sleep.I have been expierencing hip popping since i was about 14 years old with no pain, but for the last year or 2 ive been having pain and it is getting worse as the time goes by. Ive have just recently been prescribed flexeril,and tramadol neither one of them work for my pain. Ive had blood tests and x-rays the doctors cant find anything! im getting tired of the pain its pretty bad and affecting my life! anyone else have pain like this and has been diagnosed???
You need a neurologist or orthopedic doctor. There can be many things that cause the symptoms you are having. Also request a mri. If the problems are originating with your disk, ligaments, or something else the only way to see is a mri or ct scan. It sounds like you do have arthritis because it flares up with the weather. You could also have a pinched nerve causing the pain. It can get worse without proper diagnosis. See if your gp will give you a referral to a specialist so that you can get help. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

Sissie
That is what they are there for. Your family doctor may not be the 'specialist' for dealing with this problem, but they can provide a temporary remedy and direct you in the right direction. I think you need a neurologist. So don’t waste time and visit as soon as possible to diagnosis centre. Good luck
Thank you for the information! I do have a MRI scheduled it will be in two weeks,and i want to ask to be referred to a specialist. I have been looking on the internet and found a few things I am thinking it might be like bursitis, because i allso have a constant pain in my left heel as well for like two weeks now. I was allso thinking osteoarthritis which my dad and uncle have and they both had symptoms at an early age,but my doctor has done a blood test in november2010,and just did an x-ray of my hips and lower back and said that there were no signs but i really believe it is. Becase I have only been having the pain for almost two years i was thinking that it might not show damage yet on the x-ray!
Glad you are getting things moving. Hope you are better soon. Best wishes to you.

Sissie