Back & Neck Community
knee and back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

knee and back pain

I've been having some...actually a lot of back and knee pain. my back pain is in my lumbar/thorasic area.  I've had x-rays taken and the doctors have said that they were'nt able to see anything wrong with it.  So how would i treat this pain?  The knee pain has been a near constant occurance for about 3 years. i've had orthopedic surgery on my left knee and had the plica removed but i still have a lot of pain in BOTH knees.  I've had both x-rays and mri's taken of my knees and there appears to be nothing wrong with them but they constantly seem to be swelling when i walk for more than 5min straight.  i'm currently taking mobic for my knee pain.
Have a physical therepist check you pelvic allignment.  If it is twisted and stuck out of place it will cause pain in the low back, hips, thighs low front and the knees. This doesn't always get noticed in any x-rays.  The pt will do simple stretches with you and give you a few to do the rest of your life but it is easy and almost painless.  Look up PELVIC DISPLACEMENT on the med sites. Look at the symptoms that are your,print it our and see a Dr. for referal if needed.  Good Luck. I had this problem fixed after 2 yrs of pain.  idesofmarch
Did your physician recommend cortisone injections?
no, my doctor didn't recomend much of anything but some strengthening exercises for my back but they didn't help.  I have however had steroid injections into my knees if that's what that is, i'm actually not so sure.