Back & Neck Community
lucy robinson

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

lucy robinson

for 3 years now i have been in agony everyday all day with my neck and shoulder on the left side.The pain seems to start from top of shoulder / bottom of neck its very very painful it feels very stiff/ tense and uncomfortable.  Also the left arm as a result gets pain running down it to my fingers  my elbow especially hurts as do my fingers . My neck is just constantly in pain and very stiff cannot move it how i should be able to.Also at top of my back (3 or 4 discs from base of neck) and all down my spine hurts with a pain similar to neck and shoulder.
Treatment so far Phyisotherapist where i had traction, tramadol, diclafenic, amatripteline and numerous other pain killers, to the point where my dr doesnt know what else to give me to relieve then pain. Acupunture was given at winchester hospital again at winchester cortizone injection, (which had no effect on the pain)  then Andover hospital where the doctor gave me an examination and gave me very strong cream made from chillies (similar to deep heat) which again had no effect.
I have also on advice of doctor done pilates and exercises from physio.  
Good Morning.
A few questions...
What is your age and where do you live?
You do not note any MRI/CT scan results if you have had these tests. What were the impressions from these?

Sounds like she is from the northern suburbs of Boston - I'm familiar with the names of the cities around there, since I lived in the area at one time.  Jo