Back & Neck Community
muscle pain top back of neck and arms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

muscle pain top back of neck and arms

been having pain in my upper neck in the back it iminnates to my arms and when I turn in bed it seems to feel like something is tearing in my arms if I move the wrong way the pain and stiffness seems to stay mostly on the left side, but the muscles on the back upper part of arms are sore. I can move my head to left and get sharp pain and can only go so far it will not let me sleep very good and when working sometimes I have to watch how I turn my arms or body..Especially at night I cannot hold my arms under my pillow while laying on stomach, and when I try to roll over i've got to watch it because it feels like the muscles in my arms are tearing apart i've got to lay back down and really turn slowly
Have you seen a Doctor? You need to see one, sounds like you might have a pinched nerve in your neck.