Back & Neck Community
neck cracking/grinding pain shoulders etc;

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Can anyone help with these wierd problems - neck cracks/grinds pain at base of skull/top of spine/shoulders/chest, sometimes feeling of congestion in top half of body,  dizziness,  headaches sharp stabbing pains, stabbing pains in upper arm muscles, occasional blurry vision, pain in shoulder blades. Blisters on left foot! Occasional loss of sense of smell.  Nausea. I don,t have all of these things everyday {apart from neck pain]  they come and go, but I have them all at once sometimes, I suppose you would call it flare-ups, but flare-ups of what. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone think it might be connected to menstral cycle somehow, or menopause.  I have been searching for answers for a couple of years!
From what you are saying, you have damage in the spine in the section somewhere in the neck. The neck section runs to where you feel the hump to the head. I had an injury to my neck and had the same problems with headaches (bad), the sharp pains. I can't remember about the dizziness except I do get dizzy at times. Mine came from a time I was being prepared for surgery (found later unnecessary). That was in 1996. I go to pain management now to control the pain as much as possible. The damaged my neck by pushing my head too far back and popping two discs out of place. This has caused other problems. I have back problems that is pretty much all the way down and both hips. It was explained to me that when the spine is injured, it puts the rest of it out of line and causes other problems. So, it could explain the other problems you have. The foot is possibly from your walk, if it is on areas where your pressure points are at. Did you have surgery some time before this started even as long as a week or so? Have you been in an accident, or fell, anything that could have injured your neck? The sounds you hear are just like mine. You can put an ice pack (no direct contact to skin), on the area under your head. I found the gel ones to be better because they are softer. Get one of those memory foam pillows. They are pretty cheap now. You want your head to be about level with your body. If your neck is bent it makes it worse. You can take ibuprofen to help with the pain. I would go to a good spine specialist. You could have nerves pinching or the alignment is so off it is causing the other problems. An injury like that to the spine won't just go away. You can use a heating pad or ice on your shoulder and back area. I like heat and use it often on my hips and my neck. I would make the appointment with the dr now, because a lot of them are lengthy waits. Hope this info is helpful to you. Keep me informed on your progress RJ
Hello.  I just wanted to reach out and let you know you are not alone.  I have some of the same pain as you are discussing.  I too wonder if it could be a cross between pain from the injury as well as possibly menopause or even my infection flaring.  The best thing for you to do would be to talk with your doc and see what he says.

Feel free to pm me.

Hugs and prayers for a better pain day
Dr Patty