Back & Neck Community
please help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

please help me

i've had lower lumbar pain for three years what is caused from? And now I'm pregnant and I'm afraid of the pain getting worst.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the primary back pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, spinal/ related issues, muscular causes etc. Lower back pain during pregnancy commonly occurs due to the pressure on the spine from the growing uterus and the laxity of the ligaments under hormonal effect. Previously present backache is likely to worsen during this time due to the mentioned reasons. You could try exercises such as swimming and pre-natal yoga to help with the pain. The backache is likely to relieve itself after one crosses 35-36 weeks.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!