Back & Neck Community
sacralization 5th lumbar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

sacralization 5th lumbar

I have sacralization in the 5th lumbar vertebra, I am 39 yrs old and found this out when I was around 15.  I have always had low back pain but over the last 10 yrs it is getting intolerable and the pain is in both hips now as well. Everything I read , really says that this condition wouldnt really cause pain. I do have slight spondliosis (sp) my last mri was 2 yrs ago. I guess Im just wondering why I have so much pain if this is a condition that you are born with and I havent really read anything that justifies the pain with the condition???
I have something similar. I actually have an L6 which is sort of an L6/S1 all rolled into one. And that is lumbarized (pretty much sacralization) to my sacral bones. I was born this way and everything that I've read said it does not cause pain either. But I have tons of pain. I also have a herniated disk and arthritis but I'm sure the L6 thing does not help. I'm only 27 so I know how much this *****. I don't really have any advice just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
hi

my son is 13 and got diagnosed last year when he was 12. he has sacrialisation of L6/S1 which is trying to fuse to his SI and is also causing a disc bulge with narrowing L5 nerve channel with also sciatica problems.  he is in massive pain and finds it hard to sleep.  he cannot bend and finds it difficult to walk long distances so much so he has asked if we can get him a wheel chair! he had an epidural in january but it hasnt worked to alleviate his pain :( we are visiting specialists again this week and next to see what they can do for him. he is on tramadol but it only takes a little of the pain away