Back & Neck Community
scoliosis/neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

scoliosis/neck pain

My brother is 30 years old. He was born with a congenital deformity in his neck (scoliosis). One of the bones in his neck is longer than the other and it causes him to hold his head slightly to the left. This causes the muscle on the right to always be strained. His eyes are also uneven, one is higher than the other. He is always in pain. The ortho Dr. has told him he will have to learn to live with the pain because it is too risky to do surgery. He is now having to take pain relievers if he wants to get any relief. Is there any other options he should look into? Should he go to a chiropractor? Please help! I hate to see him in this much pain. He has a loving wife and two beautiful little boys that need him. Please let me know if there are other options for him.
I myself have more confidence in a neuro surgeon  than an orthopedic