sharp shoulder blade pain
For the last few weeks, I've experienced this incredible sharp, deep radiating, powerfully penetrating pain in my left shoulder blade and around it. In the beginning, the left side of my neck would hurt from my shoulder blade on up to my neck. Now my left shoulder around the rotator cuff hurts. I can lay on my back as the pressure of my bed against my shoulder blade just makes everything ache more. My neck has calmed down and no longer hurts due to this just that darn shoulder blade and around that area and my left shoulder. I'm not much of one to go to drs and I've tried researching this on my own. The pain isn't going away with the passage of time and I did not recently injure myself. This just came on out of the blue one day and it was bad!! If anyone has experieced anything similar, id love to hear from u. Much thanks in advance.:-)
Meant I "can't lay on my back..."
I also wanted to add that it does not hurt to take deep breathes, sneeze, or cough.
Could be a frozen shoulder, a pinched nerve or bone spurs. You may not want to see a doctor but would you rather cause Joint damage?
I'll research frozen shoulder, thank u. If it goes on another couple weeks, I'll make an appt but more than likely, it will turn out to be nothing.
I have a similar situation, and am looking through the forum to find anything out. I dont want to got to the dr either. I cant find a trigger for mine or something to help it. Let me know if you find anything.
beth I decided to just go get it checked and its my trapizious muscle that's got a problem so I was given percocet and muscloe relaxers and. Was referred to physical therapy. This is the third flare up I've had with this. It seems to last longer each time. It is also in from my research, very possible to be trigger point pain. I would research that angle beth for answers. Best of luck to you and I'm sorry u too suffer from this!! *hugs*
Good luck with this, hope you feel better.