stabbing pain deep in outer left thigh tender to touch with slight numbness on skin
I have terrible sharp shooting stabbing pains in my outer part of my left thigh,above the knee area. it is so painful when it stabs that it can make me gasp in the middle of a sentence, which makes me feel it could be nerve related. it doesnt matter if i am moving or not, i have had an mri on my knee since i had some twisting pain a couple of years ago, but x-rays and mri only showed swelling and fluid. I have some lower right back pain off and on, probably due to sciatica and sitting at a desk in poor chairs all day. the area where the stabbing pain is tender when pushed or prodded and the skin feels somewhat numb at times. I dont know if I need a chiropractor or what kind of specialist to go to in order to fix this. it has been going on for over 6 months and seems to be getting worse or the same, not better.
This sounds exactly like what I am going through. I get sharp pain in my left hip also. It starts at the bottom of my back and works down to my hip. It is horrible! I also have severe back pain all the time. I had an MRI done and I have 4 torn discs, 3 herniated discs and degenerative discs disorder. You might have something more going on then you think. Did your doctor put you on anything to help you with pain? I would ask to have another MRI done. Tell them you want to see the results for yourself. (I got a copy of my results right from the hospital). I would insist on talking to my doctor until they could find out what is going on. No one knows your body as well as you do. You know when you are in pain and help. To top all of the issues I have off, I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and am having an AWFUL time with back pain. I was taking Neurontin for the shooting pain and hydrocodone for pain in general, however when I found out I was pregnant I stopped taking them both all together. Now I suffer everyday in pain. Hang in there and be sure to talk to your doctor again. You have to start feeling better soon. It sucks to live everyday in pain.