Back & Neck Community
tailbone pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

tailbone pain

HELLO MY QUESTION IS I BEEN EXPERIENCE FOR THE LAST 3 WEEKS A TAILBONE PAIN EVERY TIME THAT I BEEN SITTING FOR A PERIOD OF TIME AND I GET UP IT HURTS REALLY BAD THAT IT MAKES IT PAINFUL FOR ME TO STAND UP NORMALLY I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PAIN AND ALSO I DONT KNOW IF THE REASON IS I HAD A BABY NINE MONTHS AGO  VAGINAL AND DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS THE REASON OR IT CAN BE SOMETHING ELSE?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

I completely understand the pain you are sufferring.  I too have had this pain for yearsin the tail bone and as it once was described to me by one of the many medical professionals I've seen they said that it could have been caused by childbirth putting to mch stress on the joints during delivery.  It can cause the hips to flare out and tilt leading to a chronic pain condition on the sciatica joint.  The pain has lead to other problems in my back and down my right leg not allowing me to sleep or sit for long at all.  I

Did you fall recently?  Ride a bike in a rough enviroment lately or something that may have caused the pain?  If not....  My 1st suggestion would be to get an MRI done find out the results and next I would get a referral to a GOOD pain management specialist.  One that understands the pain and work on treating it before it leads to other pain because it wil,l if gone untreated.  

Good Luck
There's swelling and pain within the tail bone area of my lower back. It's painful to lay on my back, sit on my bottom due to the pain. My cheeks (bottom) are getting tender. Am I transforming or what? Please tell me what the problem is and what to do.

Sign, Major Pain
I posted the following a while back to someone else who was also having tailbone pain, and said when she walks, it feels like her butt is ripping apart....

"I have had this, too...since Father's Day of this year, when I injured myself carrying a very heavy box. I totally know what you mean about the ripping apart feeling, that is exactly what I feel like. I had an MRI in August (i had actually had back problems for years, but this was my first MRI) and I have bulging discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. I think the first two were earlier injuries. I think the L5-S1 is the culprit, because that is the very bottom vertebrae, and it is basically in the "butt" area. I am on pain meds now, and doing exercises. I feel some better, but I am still having that pain you describe every day, just not ALL day anymore. I think you should see a doctor. "

Also, I forgot to add...I am a 28 year old female who has never had a child. And I do have arthritis in my lower back as well.
Hope this helps some. Good luck to you all.
ive also had this pain in the @ss lol for a few years now i was being treated by 1 dr. w/hydrocodone it actually helped until the practice went under for insurance fraud and now it seems every dr. i see doesnt believe this pain exist automatically ur a drug seeker not a 1 of them has done anything for me. i wish i could get a dr. whom has this problem or has had it that could actually recommend a treatment that would totally work for the pain i could care less what the treatment is as long as it works to make me pain free
Hi...may I ask did u have the area MRI'd?..did u have a fall?

I know what u mean, I also have this issue and I am not sure but believe mine is related to another condition I have.

From what I read about a bruised coccyx it can be very slow to heal.

Good luck
"selma"
PS- u may want to start a new thread.
I just recently had a bad motorcyle accident and have that time of pain that you are talking about and what is causing my pain is where your tailbone or base of your spine goes into your pelvis well my tail bone has separated from my pelvis and is free floating so to say and is not attached and is causing burning pain when I set for awhile.  See your doctor and you may have pulled those muscles / tissue or torn something in that area and it just takes time and hot and cold packs to make it feel better.