Back & Neck Community
tailbone problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

tailbone problem

I fell over the week end and landed pretty hard. My butt is badly bruised but the bruising is not the problem. My pain is just at or a little above my "butt crack" for lack of a better term. It has a burning sensation all the time. It is very painful to sit, lay down, get out of bed. Standing does relieve the pressure and some of the burning sensation. I just assume that if you have broken your tailbone that it would hurt lower than where my pain is coming from. I hate to go to the doctor for this if there is nothing they can do any advice.
Tags: tailbone, Pain
I would go to the doc and get checked out. My tailbone hurst most all of the time from arthritis. I bought a coccyx cushion and that helps a lot.
Good luck.