Back & Neck Community
trapezius cramp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

trapezius cramp

I was reaching for something yesterday and got a very bad cramp in my left trapezius muscle which radiated up towards my neck and behind my ear.  Later that night, I began to get severe pain in my neck and which radiated up towards my head behind my ear.  The pain is pretty intense with intermittent throbbing.  I have limited ROM in my neck with limmited ROM also while eating.  I have pain in my ear while trying to open my mouth to eat and pain while swallowing, same pain in my ear and in my neck.  I can barely touch the muscle below my mastiod bone, it is very, very tender.  I am leaving on vacation Nov 22 and need to feel better by then.  I know I should see a doctor but what can I do until I can see him?  Will heat or stretching help?
Thanks for any help you can give me.