Back & Neck Community
upper back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

upper back pain

I spent four years in the army, Infantry.  I carried a weapon that weighed 17 pounds out infront of me.  I also carried a ruck sack that was at least 40 pounds.  I now have a dull pain between my shoulder blads on the right side of my spine. It sometimes get so bad that it shuts me down. I cant breath or move. I have to go to the chiropractor at that point and it takes a lot to get me better.  Is the weight that I carried in the military the reason I now have a long term problem?
hi! I have the same problem. I was so stupid to carry something really heavy a couple of months ago. After that, I have been having back problems particularly on the upper back and on the side where I carried the stuff. It doesn't really bother me until I stretch or twist my back muscles and when i carry something heavy.