what is mild bony spurring of the L4/L5 Facet joint on my MRI results??
what is mild bony spurring of the L4/L5 Facet joint on my MRI results?? I have been in sever pain in my lower back which is gradually worsening for the last 2 weeks.  I had an MRI scan which was normal apart from the comment "mild bony spurring at the L4/L5 facet joint.  My doctor never mentioned this to me and just said my results were fine and there is no reason for my sever pain.  It wasnt tll i read the report that i saw that.  Could this be causing my pain?
Bone spurs are just extra bone. They become painful if they rub against another bone, and could lead to arthritis. The fact joints are what allows the spine to bend. So the spurs can cause stiffness and impair you ability to bend your spine to a certain extent.
I agree with atonicat. Bone spurs are growths of the vertebrae that are a part of the wear/tear of the spine that goes along with ageing. It's as common, and generally goes with deegenerative disk disease. Think of it as an extension of the spinal disks or bones. And yes, they can causde pain, in your case lower back pain.