Band or Bypass?
I have a neurological disease that limits my mobility.  I have tried to diet, but my success is always temporary.  My doctors want me to have weight loss surgery.  Gastric bypass is there preferred method for me.  I don't think I have any emotional issues connected with food, but due to prolonged dieting over the past 25 years or so has seriously messed up my metabolism.  Add to that the fact that I am limited in my mobility- and my weight keeps going up.

I just want to gather opinions from as many as I can.  What surgery did you have?  How successful were you?  Would you do it again?  That kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!
Tammy
Wow!  Lots of typos.  Sorry.
well I am having the sleeve tomorrow and very excited,  I have friends that did the sleeve and love it, I have had friends that did the lap band love it but said that if they had to do it over again they would do the sleeve,  I hope that helps I dont have the experance yet but I am looking forward to it
That's the one I wanted originally-but my insurance won't cover it.  I hope you everything goes well!  Best of luck to you!  Keep me posted okay?

Tammy
Hello Tammy,
I had the gastric bypass a lil over a year ago. I had a huge success and it was very rapid. If I did have a choice to do it over again, I would hands down. I have been struggling with my weight all my life and when I made the decision to finally go through with it; it was the best decision I've ever made. Just be prepared to have a lifestyle change when it comes to your diet. Your metabolism will become regular and it will make u deficient in some much needed vitamins, so you will be on supplements for the rest of your life. Due to your limited mobility, this would be a great choice for you because you will lose weight without even trying or much movement at all. I hope this info helps. Good luck to you.
I think that's the one my doctor wants me to get.  I just wanted to get some feedback, to be sure it was the right decision. I went to see a dietician last week.  They want me to stop drinking coffee.  A bummer, because MS causes serious fatigue- not sure how I'll manage.  (Extra B vitamins?)  I'm also worried about the "no carbonation" rule, I love carbonated water.  Oh well.  It's worth it.  I can still learn new tricks, and I still have about three months to go, before surgery.
I had the gastric bypass over seven years ago and have had huge success. If I had to do it over again I would not ever second guessing myself it will give you a second chance at life and is much more effective that banding as I have seen I work with about seven people who have gone lap band and then gained it all back. good luck !
SLeeve for sure