Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Expert Forum
No Problems with Gastric By-pass

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Choosing a Bariatric Surgeon, Complications, Considerations, Cosmetic Surgery, Diet and Eating, Emotional Issues, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Health Insurance Issues, Lap Band Surgery, Nutritional Issues, Pre Surgery Issues, Post Surgery Issues, Questions to Ask Your Surgeon, Roux Y Gastric Bypass, StomaphyX, Success Stories, and Transoral ROSE.

No Problems with Gastric By-pass
I had the gastric by-pass in 2006 and i honestly havent had any problems. I am young so maybe that helps but I am feelin good... Yes i have gained weight but thats because I got pregnant only a year later have surgery.. Opps.. So i am having probs just tryin to lose weight but its all mind over matter I am finding out... I have the normal side affects as I cant drink milk like I use too and I go to the bathroom more regular than before... So i am happy with this surgrey as i can say I am alive and here for my 3 kids... I do want to get it done again so i can control my eating and lose more weight but who knows when that would be cuz money doesnt come free these days an insurance might not pay for it... Well good luck everyone...
I am considering the bypass as my insurance shot me down for the sleeve gastrectomy and I was concerned about the malabsorption and dumping syndrome.  What was your health like prior? What was your heaviest weight and what are you now?  

I have had a hysterectomy so kids isn't an option anyway but I am 37, 5'2 and 280 lbs and very desperate to get this weight off.  Any information you can give me on your experiences in more detail would be great!

Thanks for sharing.