Birth Control (Contraception) Community
2nd Mirena - All of a sudden no period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

2nd Mirena - All of a sudden no period

I got my first mirena put in after my son was born in feb 08 had it switched out in sep 2012 for a new one. Had a regular period at the end of september and now its mid dec...i havent had a period since and ive taken a few hpt and both neg. Im a little worried but I know it screws with periods. What is going on? I dont want no period at all, anything i can do?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Merina is known to cause menstrual irregularities. It behaves differently in every woman. In few women bleeding and spotting may increase while in others there may be reduction in bleeding or no periods at all. Pregnancy is known to occur while on Merina so it is important to notify your doctor about the changes occurring. You have ruled out pregnancy so need not worry. Discuss your concerns with your gynecologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best of luck and regards!