Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
About to start on pills
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

About to start on pills

Hi, i'm 19 and have been sexually active for a year. I've always used condoms, but i wanted something else because i get paranoid every month because i'm really irregular and often skip periods. I went to the gyn and she told me i should use some bc pills called Yasmín, and that that would help me get my periods regular and also be certain that i'm not pregnant.

Could you tell me about pills? How do they work in my body? Is it not dangerous that i'm so young and i'll be taking a hormone therapy? I would take the normal dosis, one pill a day, for 21 days, and rest for a week to get my period.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that pills are actually good for you in many ways.  The obvious benefit is that they prevent pregnancy, they also reduce the risk of STIs, anemia and hyperplasia.  They do regulate your cycle by inducing a period each month.  They work by suppressing ovulation. Contraceptives are not dangerous in young people,
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Resently i started a low dos of birth cotrol . I have been on it for at least 3weeks . Me n my partner had sex resently and he started off with a condom but as i got off he didnt have one on nor was it inside me .. he said he had a feeling that he came but is not sure . Is there a posibility im pregnant ?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now