Allergic to Birth Control?

I am 26 years old, recently got married, and started birth control pills for the first time last saturday night (first day of my period). Well, sunday morning I got up and noticed that my whole face was red and very swollen. It appeared to be a huge rash from my forhead down to my neck. I also had rashes all over my arms. I have never had an allergic reaction like this before in my life, and I tried to figure out what it could have been. I did the same thing and ate the same food I always did. I could not find anything different except that I took birth control for the first time the night before. My breasts also felt tender which is something I never had before. So, I am assuming it's the birth control (ortho-tri). If I am allergic to this type of birth control, am I pretty much allergic to the rest of the birth control pills? I am trying to figure out what I could do instead of the pills, but the diaphragms and the other implants just aren't something I would be comfortable with. We are using condoms, but I want to be extra safe and protect myself as well. Any advice? Thanks!

Have you discussed it with a Dr.? they might be able to suggest something with a slightly different composition than what is causing the allergic reaction.