BCP side effects
Hi all! I am 24 and ttc. My doctor has put me on bcp to prepare me for iui. I started taking my pills about 2 weeks ago and since I have started I have had a lot of pregnancy symptoms which I have blamed on the bcp. Now it has been 2 weeks and I am still having bad side effects like; Cramping, spotting, very sore and full/heavy breasts, tiredness, frequent urination, nausea and so on. The cramping, spotting and sore breasts have been bad since I first started taking the pills. I don't know if the side effects are normal for bcp's since I have never really taken them before. Just need some advice and personal experiences. Thanks Ladies!
Hi there!

Yes, these could be side effects of hormonal birth control pills, both for combined BCPs and mini pills. However if the spotting is regular while still being on the pills (not the off-pill days) without an actual menstrual period or if the urination is excessive, especially with a burning sensation, it is advised to consult your gynaecologist to look for secondary issues.
Hope this helps.

Take care!