BIRTH CONTROL
Do you have to take contraception at age 49?
Hello and hope you are fine.
Before approaching menopause also a woman can get pregnant. If you are having periods every month it means that you are ovulating and there is a risk of pregnancy. The most popular method is tubal ligation or vasectomy. Oral contraceptive pills can also be used; they also have an added benefit of reducing symptoms associated with menopause like hot flashes and vaginal dryness. Barrier contraception is usually preferred by those who have occasional intercourse. See a gynecologist for the most suitable option for you. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!
Hi, thanks for your reply.  Hope you are keeping well tool. This is what confusing me because when I consulted with my gynae, he told me to stop oral contraceptives because of the risk of blood clotting.  I am still having my monthly periods and very regular every month.  Pse. advise.  Regards.