Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Bad cramps on birth control
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bad cramps on birth control

So lately I have been put on the pill, its a low dosage to regulate my period though(I'm Not even close to being sexually active). I started to get cramps 2 days before which was strange cause I haven't experienced craps in such a long time, Not to mention the flow was ridiculous! For two days the cramps were so bad, no matter what I did it didn't ease off.(I've taken midol its the only thing that calms the cramps) Its now been almost a week and during that week its been very heavy and the cramps consistent. They only hurt badly for maybe three out of the 7-9 days I've had it so far. This is also my first try on the pill so its my first cycle, so I realize its not normal yet. I'm just a tad worried about some things like
-Why is it hurting so bad?
-Why is it such a heavy flow
-I have a feeling now that its slowing the cramps will continue
If it continues after a few more days I'm going to the doctor again.
I'm only 16 and scared to death of this because people keep saying I may have a disease.
Hi there,
I may be able to confirm whether this pain and heavy flow is due to some medical problem  or due to pills only after I examine you. The common causes of severe abdominal pain with heavy flow are endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and pelvic congestion. A clinical evaluation is necessary for confirming the exact cause of your symptoms. Do see a gynecologist and get the cause confirmed. Treatment will depend on the cause. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank