Birth Control is ruining my sex life !
Hello, i have been having a problem with my birth control. I was put on marvelon birth control after being on a few other kinds of birth control and ever since i had started using it, every time i would have sex the part just under the opening of my vagina (Perenium? I think)  would get really swollen and made it too painful to have sex. I had googled possible symptoms and thought i had something similiar to vulvodynia or something like that. I had never had this problem on any of the other birth controls, but soon as i switched to this one this painful swelling happend. After being on Marvelon for about 6 months i switched to Yasmin and that swelling went completey away. I was so happy and could finally have a sex life again. Now, just a month ago i've been told that Yasmin is causing strokes in young women and was told to get off it. I have now been put on Alesse and the swelling and pain is back again. I'm not sure what is causing this, but it is clearly something to do with the birth control. I would love to go back on Yasmin and am just wondering if it is actually something to be concerned about? Or if there is any other recommendation for another type of birth control that won't do this to me. Please help! Thank you.

:(
Hi there, I'm 19 and was on Lavalin, or something, since I was 16. I was on and off it, during that time my mood swings we're also on and off. Felt like a roller coaster!

I spoke to my naturopath and she said a lot of hormonal birth controls cause depression, lack of sex drive, fainting and other symptoms, in severer cases, heart attacks, strokes and so on.
I am trying Yasmin and feel a change in my moods not to mention the nausea, dizziness and blurred vision.. It's quite scary.
I was depressed on the first pill, now feel in danger of a medical emergency :S

I just want fun, happy and protected sex!
I think that everyone reacts differently to different hormones. I've tried using a different brand in the hope that I wouldn't have as many dramas..

I can only suggest a non hormonal contraception, which unfortunately there aren't many that sound great.. condoms, female condoms or going by your cycle, which means you can only have sex 4-5 days of your menstrual cycle :( no fun

If you know of any thing that can help me, please let me know.
Thanks and hope I could help :)

I'm on a birth control pill that increases chances of blood clots and stroke. Now I'm a on and off smoker with a family history of heart disease, and was a good 80 lbs overweight when I was prescribed it and haven't had a single problem. I know that sometimes the doctors are just trying to be overcautious but if you've tried several that don't work and finally found one that does why is it being denied? Do you have an insanely high risk factor for stroke?

Have you tried low hormone dose b/c? The depo, implantin, etc? Would you be able to have an IUD? You really need to talk to your doctor, maybe get a new one because these reactions need to stop. :/