Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control effectiveness

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Birth control effectiveness
My girlfriend started birth control the Sunday after her period and the package says to use back up protection for 1 week, we had sex without backup the Monday after and I didn't come close to ejaculating before I stopped, is this okay? should I be concerned?
Hi!
IF your girlfriend was my patient, I would advise the two of you that you will probably be OK.  There are some new studies that suggest that the pre-ejaculate does NOT contain sperm afterall.  So, I'm happy she is using something reliable for the future, but you will probably be OK.  ALSO don't forget that there is emergency contraception -- Plan B and Next Choice available without a prescription.
Good luck!
Dr B
this was the Monday after the first week