Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Brown Discharge Two Weeks before regular Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I've been on Ortho Tricyclen for the past 3 1/2 going on 4 years. I've never had a problem with it, other than some breakthrough bleeding which was normal, until now. Two months ago, after my regulated cycle, i began discharging a brown thick substance obviously from my vagina. It sometimes is almost black and when I urinate and wipe comes out in almost thick strands on the tissue. When I do urinate, there is gritty brown stuff in the bottom of the toilet, like old blood. I've only had two sexual partners, my 2nd one just in january, but I haven't had unprotected sex with him. I also had my regular pap to get my supply of birthcontrol for the year in January, everything came back normal, I was tested for HIV and STD's and everything came back negative. I dont understand why I'm having this breakthrough what is like "old blood" bleeding. Sunday was the start of the last week of pills of my pack, and I usually start my period this time, but I haven't started.

so--

-same birth control 4 years
-no unprotected sex in the past 5 months
-brown (usually thin watery) discharge that tends to have clots of brown strands when I wipe
-I have missed birth control pills, no more than two at a time.

PLEASE HELP ME. I've been trying to get into my doctors office for the past month, I have an appointment for May 20th, but I would like an answer now!!!!!