Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Discharge while on birth control pill

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Discharge while on birth control pill

I have had spotting blood/brown discharge on and off for the last month however I am still taking my pill, is this normal? My week break is not for another few days..I don't know what's wrong, I've been told it can mean my pill isn't strong enough so I changed pill, this is my 2nd pack so things should have settled down by now.
The pill can cause this - especially if you've been on it for quite a while. Some times our bodies just stop working well with it and you need to change to a different type of pill. Bacterial infections or STD's can also cause this so I would suggest seeing a doctor to see what the issue is that is causing this.
Thank you! I went and got a check and I'm all clear there so it must just be the pill.. highly annoying!