Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Does the Essure procedure really work?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Does the Essure procedure really work?

I had the essure procedure in April of this year. I have 4 kids & I really dont want anymore. Im just wondering if anyone has had the procedure and what thier outcome was.
Hi Amber-

I had the Essure procedure done in March of this year, and as directed, I went back for the test they perform after 3 months - they basically inject a dye inside the uterus to see if any of it flows up the fallopian tubes - if it does not, you are blocked and can have all the fun you want.  If you are unsure about the effectiveness, contact the doctor who performed the Essure and ask for a CIS test - mine was covered by insurance - they run about $500 if you are uninsured, but it's sure a lot cheaper than a baby!  Good luck, Judy
hi amber ihad the essure procedure done in aug 09 there was a little pain when they done the procedure that was all. so far no pregancies i have a dec 8 appt. to check if i'm 100% blocked my husband could wait another 2 weeks so we had unprotected sex a few times already but i'm not worried we waited for the better part of the three months i'm glad i did the procedure  no worries about if i'm late no pills and no patches