Does the Essure procedure really work?
I had the essure procedure in April of this year. I have 4 kids & I really dont want anymore. Im just wondering if anyone has had the procedure and what thier outcome was.
Hi Amber-

I had the Essure procedure done in March of this year, and as directed, I went back for the test they perform after 3 months - they basically inject a dye inside the uterus to see if any of it flows up the fallopian tubes - if it does not, you are blocked and can have all the fun you want.  If you are unsure about the effectiveness, contact the doctor who performed the Essure and ask for a CIS test - mine was covered by insurance - they run about $500 if you are uninsured, but it's sure a lot cheaper than a baby!  Good luck, Judy
hi amber ihad the essure procedure done in aug 09 there was a little pain when they done the procedure that was all. so far no pregancies i have a dec 8 appt. to check if i'm 100% blocked my husband could wait another 2 weeks so we had unprotected sex a few times already but i'm not worried we waited for the better part of the three months i'm glad i did the procedure  no worries about if i'm late no pills and no patches