Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Facial hair on Micronor

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Facial hair on Micronor

I've been on micronor for about 2 months and I've noticed a quite severe increase in facial hair on my chin. I'm 18 and this is really upsetting me!
Questions:
Might this settle down and go away after longer usage of this pill?
If I stop the pill, will the facial hair go away or will it stay at this level for the rest of my life.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would strongly consider switching you to a "regular" birth control pill--in other words, one that contains estrogen. That will help with hair growth.  The hair that you have is probably permanent but can be removed with laser or electrolysis.  You definitely want to stop it now though!
I also think you should call your doctor to be certain that there is no need for hormone testing--I might consider a free testosterone level and a DHEAS
Good luck!
Dr B
My GP says I can't use a combined pill due to migraines I had a few years ago. I tried cerazette but had unbearable side effects!