Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
HELP!!

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

HELP!!
My last cycle was March 6. it has been 62 days and I have not started yet. I'm not stressed out or nothing like that. I'm just wondering why I have missed my cycle for 2 months now. if it help if I came off of my birth control in December. it was Tri Sprintec. please help me!!!!!!
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that this still could be an effect of the birth control, and of course, I would suggest a pregnancy test.  However, if you continue to have irregular cycles, I would probably start a work up for PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which is a very common group of hormone imbalances that can result in irregular cycles.  I would check prolactin, TSH, FSH and progesterone levels to see where you were at with those, and then, depending upon your goals (eg are you trying to have a baby, etc) We could decide how to treat if you do have a hormone imbalance.
Bottom line, if you continue to have irregular periods, you should probably check in with your ob/gyn doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B