Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Help please!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Help please!!!

Hi, I've been on birth control for about 6 months now and since I've started it I have not had a period. I started taking birth control to help with my horrible cramps which clearly did the trick. I have accidentally missed some days but never had break through bleeding until recently I have had the horrible cramps again for the last 4 days no blood just a brown discharge. And I noticed two days ago when I whipe there is light pink on the toilet paper but its barley there it's nothing like a period. I took 2 pregnancy test a week before I started getting cramps just to make sure everything was still good since I haven't had a period for so long they came back negative but what could be causing this? Any ideas? Please help... Thanks in advance:-)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello hope you are doing well.
Brown discharge while on pills can be due to several reasons. It can be due to not taking your pill everyday at the same time. If you had any vomiting or diarrhea which has affected the absorption of your pills can also cause this. Pregnancy is also a possibility. In your case you may repeat the pregnancy test to confirm whether you are pregnant or not. Consult your doctor for more queries and assistance. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Sounds like it could be Endometriosis. However there are many reasons why. Did you have bad cramping before is that why they put you on the pill continuously? Usually if the pill helps and you take it every day and dont have pain it is a sign of Endo however not sure as I don't have all the details.

Are you sexually active at the moment or have you been lately? It could be an STD or PID.

It really is hard to tell you with out knowing more I am only throwing some things that it might be from experience