Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Help

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Help
Well im 17 and i have the marana IUD ive been haiving it now for almost 2 years and with it my periods have seemed to stop ,but ever now and then they come but its not heavy at all and maybe last for 3days.. Well recently i had sex unprotected and im pretty sure he .. you no came in me because it was coming out of me. But now im just wondering could i be pregant even though i have the IUD ...
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would first advise you to always use condoms whenever you start a new relationship---just insist on it!
Secondly, the Mirena IUD has 99% efficacy--so while it is possible that you could be pregnant, it is unlikely.  The best way to find out is by doing a pregnancy test.
Good luck!
Dr B