Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
I'm confused about the pill

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

I'm confused about the pill
I have an embarrassing situation. I was on the pill when I had sex with my boyfriend at the time, I only skipped my pill twice in that month.. Anyhow, this might be a dumb question but a week after we had sex I ran out and had sex with someone else.. I took a pregnancy test a week after I was with both and it came out negative. I took another a week later and it came out positive. My question is, should I be worry on who the father is or it's the second guy for sure? Please respond, this is so embarrassing...
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you not to be too embarrassed.  You are certainly not the first one in this situation.  To help determine who is the father of the baby, you are going to need to figure out your date of conception.  To figure this out, you will probably need an ultrasound.  Almost all doctor's offices and Women's clinics (Planned Parenthood) can do this for you. They can also assist you with decision making and planning.  Because you were on pills when you were with your boyfriend, and not using birth control at all when you had the other encounter, it makes the second person more likely, but that is certainly not definitive.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you, for the advice. I also think it's the second one. I had sex with the first guy on the 22 of feb and the last time I had sex was on the 2nd of march and two weeks after that the test came out positive. I know that this is tricky because sperm can live inside for days but I ran out of bc pills 4 days after having sex the first time.. So maybe it's the 2nd persons.. I guess I will have to take a sonogram to be sure!!