Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implanon Problems Anybody?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implanon Problems Anybody?

Within the past week I have been Nauseated, Tired, Having Headaches, Some Heartburn and Acid Reflux, Loss of Appetite And have also been having Brown Discharge and feel Extremely Bloated. I couldnt be pregnant could I? or is it just this Arm Implant making me feel Yucky! Oh and I've been on it for about 10 months now. Has anyone's Implanon ever Failed? & I really couldnt tell you if I'm expecting to start my period or not because I have had like 2 week long periods within the past month.
My implant gave me pregnancy symptoms a while back and id be showing now if i was preggo lol so i wouldnt worry.

I get brown discharge from time to time instead of periods too (not that i complain lmao)

Ive had mood swings too and i wondered if you had had any? i dont know if its just me or if its the implant.
well i still have periods, so i'd love to replace the periods for discharge though, lol. OH i am moody ALL THE TIME! ha
haha, well when i first got it i used to feel teary and then it stopped til i started getting pregnancy symptoms....feeling sick, cramps and TIRED! sooo tired lol. then they went away and the odd time my mood can change in an instant and i never used to be like that before the implant (well would get moody lol but not so quickly)

I have to say that what i love implanon for is the no periods...some women find that unnatural but because im a student nurse who does do the odd 12 hour shift, i didnt want to be on as my periods like to put me to bed for the first day! last thing i wanted was to be in agony and feeling generally like cr*p when i had that shift facing me lol.
so have you ever known anyone that has gotten pregnant on Implanon or is it even possible? How long have you been on yours now, and does all these symptoms eventually go away?...If i didnt have the periods I would probibly Love it too!! lol
I dont know anyone personally...the nurses always say that theres been no reported pregnancies after the implant was put in, but a health visitor said she knew someone who got preggo on it but then again, the nurses said to me that some women claim to have gotten pregnant on it but it turns out they conceived just before it was put in.

Ive had mine 11 months....mind you i have heard of people having no problems with it and then in the 3rd year have strong side effects, like really heavy periods. But i guess its different for everybody....mines staying in the 3 years if it behaves. dont want babies before my nurse registration! lol.
I have extreme migranes (migraines) and have to be on medication. I constantly am loosing weight no matter how much I eat. I always feel pregnancy symptoms, and have wondered if I was pregnant. But a nurse assured me its nearly impossible.
Everyone whos had this implanon implant my advice get it out! Only had it 3 and half months ago just after having my fourth baby (1st girl!) and have had nothing but trouble-brown discharge,moods , cramps,bleeding all over the place and it helped end my relationship so i persuaded a nurse at family planning clinic 2 remove it,if yr experiencing any unwanted effects its really not worth it have it out n theres plenty of other methods available i feel sooo much better and strangely iv been bleeding a month only had it out 6 hours ago and its lightened and i have no cramp! :-) good luck 2 u all hope yr side effects clear up soon if yr keeping it in also x x
So sorry you had problems with it! it is a brilliant contraception if it works and although i get the odd side effect it has been fantastic for me. Its in, i dont have to think about it til september next year.

I knew what the possible side effects of it could be but i thought there was no way of knowing until i try it...it can take up to 6 months for side effects to clear, so maybe yours would have gotten better?

But it is good for everyone to see positive and negative experiences with it to help them decide and be aware of the possible side effects!

hope your next BC goes well for you!
Today is the fifth of november, i got the implant put in on october thirtieth. For three straight days i felt extremely nauseous, had acid reflux, felt full and crampy and crabby. No weird colored discharge. I felt hungry but couldn't eat because of the nausea. I cried those three days and felt like i had built up gas but couldn't fart. I went to my local grocery store and bought Nauzene chewable tablets for the nausea, and non-brand gas relief liquid pills. I started taking them on the second day out of the three that i felt all those awful symptoms then the fourth day i woke up in the morning and felt fine.