Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Implanon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Implanon

I have recently had the implanon inserted and am having the usual [documented] side effects:

*head ache
*acne
*depression
*mood swings
*anxiety
*bleeding

but have also been having trouble with sex. I can be turned on and really want sex but as soon as my boyfriend I have sex I can't feel anything. Absolutely nothing. I feel that he is inside me but nothing else. He has been understanding and supportive but I can tell that if it continues this way he will begin to think it is him.

this isn't exactly a loss of sex drive, because as I said, I want it, I get ready and then am very disappointed and depressed because of it.

Please, can you tell me if this would be because of the implanon and if you are also experiencing this! I REALLY REALLY REALLY need your help!!!