Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Levlen

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Levlen

I have been on the birth control pill levlen since january this year, i missed one day and the night after me and my boyfriend had had unprotected sex, i know that there is always a danger of falling pregnant from having unprotected sex, but i was wondering if the danger had increased due to my missed pill? I had taken it the morning after
Welcome to the forum. First of all two risks are there. Firstly you missed one of your birth control pills and secondly you had unprotected intercourse the very day when you missed your pills. Although I appreciate that you had taken the missed pill the very next morning of missing the pill, but still risk of pregnancy is always there.

Although you should take the missed pill as soon as you remember and then take the next one on time (even if that means you’re taking the two of them at the same time) but still you should avoid sex for the next seven days or have protected intercourse with a condom.

I would suggest you to do highly sensitive urine for pregnancy test (like an aimstrip test)which measures hCG at low concentrations of 20-25mIU after 7-10 days of your ovulation days. You can repeat the test if you missed your periods and please make sure to consult your gynecologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
does it matter that i expect my period in a couple days?
Thanks for the feedback. If there is no pregnancy then you can expect your periods when you stop taking the active pills. But if pregnancy has occurred and you have symptoms of pregnancy like nausea, morning sickness, soreness of breasts and increased appetite then please get your pregnancy status checked by highly sensitive urine for pregnancy test or serum HCG test. Missed periods are one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy and if you miss them then please make sure to consult your gynecologist.

Also another important thing is that if pregnancy is confirmed then please stop taking the oral contraceptives as hormonal contraceptives may cause miscarriage.