Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Loestrin 30 and pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Loestrin 30 and pregnant?

This is a shortened version of my first post.
I've been taking loestrin 30 for a year with no trouble but this month my period hasn't came (no pills missed). I visited the doctor and she wants me to come back for blood tests if it still hasn't came by tomorrow. I've took 2 pregnancy tests - both negative and i've now been off the pill 7 days (my break) and an extra 2 days after that. I've had mild period like cramps for over a week, headaches every day and a dull pain in my lower back/pelvis for the last few days. Has anyone had this before? What do you think?
Please someone reply this time, I need to talk to someone who has been in the same situation, asap. Thank you for your time.
Chances of pregnancy due to birth control failure are there. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your reply. I've been to see a doctor and I've been doing a pregnancy test every few days, one of which was sent to a lab to be done. My period is now 2 weeks late so I've been advised to carry on doing pregnancy tests every few days.

I've stopped stressing about it now though. I'm just trying to put it out of my mind to eliminate stress causing the delay.
Thank you!